You’re pretty tough, and it’s time you let people know! Short moto-style boots will give you the edge you need (and a little extra height, too). They’re fierce but sensible, and a great transitional boot from fall to winter. I mean you’re not quite ready to pull out the fur-lined footwear, but it’s too cold and rainy for flats (I’m looking at you Hurricane Sandy!). The wraparound ankle belts on these leather beauties will keep you snug, whether you’re really a biker chick or just want to look like one!
1. Bottega Veneta Contrast Buckle Strap Moto Boot: These Bottegas are moto boots, but they seem like they could pass for riding boots, too. Kill two birds with one boot! At Barneys New York for $990.
2. Giuseppe Zanotti 40MM Brushed Calfskin Biker Boot: I love the gold hardware on these shoes! Proof that biker boots aren’t always a grunge look. On Luisa Via Roma for $1,360.
3. Chloé Textured-Leather Ankle Boots: A refined moto boot, these taupe Chloés can take on any casual style – be it jeans and a tee or a mini dress. On Net-a-Porter for $1,145.
4. Pierre Balmain Ivory Studded Motorcycle Boots: This is the boldest white has looked, and it’s all thanks to Balmain’s silver studs. On Ssense for $1,575.
5. Fiorentini & Baker Elis Eternity Studded Leather Boots: Boots aren’t always comfy, but these look divine. A worn look that is well crafted and ready to go the distance with you. On Net-a-Porter for $545.