Have I mentioned I’m obsessed with polka-dot shoes? There is something so frivolously feminine about a pair of shoes affixed with a sharp spotted pattern. While the thought might bring to mind Minnie Mouse and her big, bowed pumps, the latest dots are anything but fussy. From kick-around ankle boots to high-tops to thick platforms, these five are spot-on for your many moods:
1. Opening Ceremony Ivory Polka-Dot Boots: Get spotty with your ankle boots, but not with an expected leopard print. Pristine spots look fresh for fall.
On Ssense for $575.
2. Jimmy Choo Barb Pointed-Toe Pumps: Your dots don’t have to shout. A whisper of kitten-heeled mesh makes an equally strong statement.
On Net-a-Porter for $695.
3. Balenciaga Platform Sandals: Uncommon and avant-garde, these patent-heel platforms mean your polka dots can hang tough and walk tall.
On Farfetch for $388 (from $776).
4. Golden Goose 120 Francy Sneaker: A spotted sneaker sounds a little wacky, but when it’s been roughed up, distressed, and accessorized with a sporty star, it somehow all works in unison.
At Barneys New York for $530.
5. RED Valentino Peep-Toe Sandal: These cunning dots are like little kisses all over your transitional sandal, perfect for easing into the crisper days of fall.
At Nordstorm for $495.