I love Impressionist paintings; I’ve been to Monet’s home and gardens in Giverny twice – I found the lush greenery exactly as it was when Monet painted it over a hundred years ago. The master’s work is all about light and movement, much like the prints of Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem’s creations. You’ve seen shoes as art before, but this takes museum-worthy footwear to a genuine level. Too pretty to be stuffed in the back of your closet, display these inspired pieces in your home when you’re not wearing them.
1. Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem Geometric-Heel Printed Silk-Covered Leather Ankle Boots: Erdem is known for their vivacious florals, and Kirkwood is just the designer to elevate them to something edgy.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,595.
2. Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem Geometric-Heel Printed Silk-Covered Leather Pumps: That boxy, acetate heel is just the thing to offset a softly artistic print. Equally yummy in bootie or pump form.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,395.
3. Alice + Olivia Devon Painted Floral Patent Leather Pumps: A classic pump looks thoroughly revatilized with a print that’s in full bloom, still abstract enough to feel painterly.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $295.
4. Dolce Vita Baxter Printed Leather T-Strap Platform Sandals: This outrageously frugal platform makes for an end-of-summer treat. Cork is a cool counterpart to a Renoir-esque pastel palette.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $75 (from $189).
5. Manolo Blahnik Algona Velvet Ornament Pump: Then ease into autumn with fuzzy velvet topped with a rhinestone-embellished buckle, for a touch of Baroque opulence.
At Neiman Marcus for $1,075.