I suggest getting a leg up early on the competition this fall. The best way to do it: reaching up high for a knee- (or more intense yet, thigh-) grazing boot that announces your entering the season with a sense of strength and drama in mind. Here, the biggest high rollers of the moment:
1. Christian Louboutin Interlopa 165 Fringed Suede Knee Boots:
There is fringe, and then there is Louboutin fringe. Two totally different embellishments, as far as I’m concerned. Case in point: the amazing swish of the Interlopa.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,395.
2. Reed Krakoff Buckled Python Knee Boots: As if a leg’s worth of python isn’t enough to get you going, that skinny buckled strap makes this a boot that can’t be ignored.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,995.
3. Alexander Wang Kolfina Boot: Seamed boots don’t usually do much for me, but these panels are so strong and purposeful, they change my mind. And that back-strap detail? Hot.
Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $1,200 (expect delivery in September).
4. Gianvito Rossi Knee-High Boot: I’m all for seeing red this season, especially when it’s polished off with leather lacing in a surprisingly sensual spot.
At Barneys New York for $1,685.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Over-the-Knee No-Heel Boot: All of the leather-laden height and none of the heel, this is tall drama for the woman who loves all eyes on her.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,250.