Leopard by nature is fun and exciting, but the print has become so ubiquitous – especially when it comes to shoes – that I am left wanting for more. What does it take to make the pattern feel special again? Just look to these five inspired shoes. Getting creative just when we have started yawning over leopard, these designers bring a boost to the spotted print with bright trim, arresting treatments, and off-kilter combinations.
1. Brian Atwood Colorblock Leopard-Print T-Strap Sandal: With that stirring color combo and vivacious shape, you hardly even notice the leopard calf-hair! It all works together in bouncy harmony.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,085.
2. Opening Ceremony Margot 1 Wedge Ankle Boot: Turning the leopard shoe upside down, this marbled platform gets a shot of spots via the fluffy, Victorian-inspired ribbon.
On Farfetch for $197 (from $489.38).
3. Christian Louboutin Lady Peep Spike Pump: The pump-master packs all his classics into one flawless shoe. All-over spikes and animal spots add up to a wild take on dots.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,595.
4. Giuseppe Zanotti Mixed-Print Woven Sandal: When leopard gets tired, take a cue from Zanotti and shake it up. These sandals take safari-chic to the next level.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $382 (from $850).
5. Jimmy Choo Hazel Leopard-Print Whipstitched Wedge Sandal: Now that this wickedly whipstitched platform is on sale, it’s not to be missed. This is a sandal fit for the queen of the jungle.
At Neiman Marcus for $492 (from $1,095).