I blame most of my bad-back issues to the pointy pumps I wore in the ‘90s. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop now, especially since they are back and better than ever! Two-toned and cutout, the 21st-century versions make for a great upgrade, while still keeping the precision-perfect shape in tact.
I especially love them contrasted against rolled-up and beat-up jeans, but whatever your fancy (like the cocktail take, as recently seen on Jessica Biel in Brian Atwood’s neon-pink Starlet pumps), a lean silhouette is seriously leg-slimming. The pointy pump makes even the sturdiest of legs appear graceful, so get ready to sharpen your shoes and soften your look.
1. Gianvito Rossi Tassel Heel Pump: The crimson color is right-on, and there’s nothing like a bit of heel-detailing to spice up a classic.
At Barneys New York for $650.
2. Givenchy Gold-Tone Accent Pump: Look to Givenchy for simplicity with some sass, like a traditional silhouette seasoned with flashes of gold hardware.
At Barneys New York for $690.
3. Balenciaga Two-Tone Layered Seam Pump: Eighties inspiration goes modern with quirky lines and a mix of leather and suede.
At Barneys New York for $655.
4. Alexander Wang Lina Pump: The quintessential pump meets the sexy sandal. I’m loving the racy sense of exposure and even better, the plum ankle-strap.
On Farfetch for $485.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Leather Pump: Leave it to the pointy pump to make glitter as chic as can be: high-shine with a hint of rock-star glamour.
On Farfetch for $455.