Tomboys, turn your heads! Or at least keep your eyes on the front of these shoes. The back is where things take a turn for the girly. But a pop of fluffed-up ribbon, whether satin, grosgrain, or leather, at your heels doesn’t mean your feet should look like Little Bo Beep. Inject enough edge into the rest of the shoe, and you’ll make a powerful statement.
1. Brian Atwood Louise Bow-Back Bootie: The sassy low-cut of this suede bootie gets balanced out by a great leather flourish on the heel. At Neiman Marcus for $1,000.
2. Christian Louboutin Vampanodo Satin Bow Sandal: Feminine lavender straps extend into a hyper-femme bow. Sensual, sweet, and heavily seasoned with spice. At Neiman Marcus for $995.
3. Vera Wang Lavender Royce Back-Bow Peep-Toe Bootie: Vera’s frugal find doesn’t skimp on eye-catching details, the best of which being that flirty grosgrain bow. At d for $350.
4. Carven Open-Toe Heel: One of Carven’s key trademarks has fast become their knotty, nonchalant bows. Combining the structure of a mule with the ladylike attitude of a slingback, this lemon-yellow is on-trend. On Farfetch for $595.
5. Casadei Bow-Back Ankle Boot: Less Minnie Mouse and more Judy Jetson, these futuristic ankle boots pop with a panel of slick satin cobalt. And, of course, that black bow back there. On Farfetch for $432 (from $860.18).