Whether you’re taking a casual stroll around the neighborhood or you’re overseas and endeavoring to take in an entire city, a pair of kicks will keep you moving. Summer 2012 is the season of the sneaker. Never before has it been so acceptable – or looked so chic. These choices here continue to keep you looking fab:
1. Converse Jack Purcell Helen Sneakers: The Converse collab with badminton star Jack Purcell does not require you to know who he is or how to play badminton. All you have to do is love bubble-gum pink. On Net-a-Porter for $60.
2. Miu Miu Studded Glitter-Finish Leather Sneakers: For those who cannot dash the flash, Miu Miu adds an explosion of sparkles but keeps the comfort in tact. On Net-a-Porter for $495.
3. Superga for The Row: The Row introduces the niceties of gold grommets, intricate stitching details, and designer material to the classic shoe. But if none of that matters, a regular pair of Supergas is just as nice for a third of the price. At Barneys New York for $190.
4. Monika Chiang Artemys Sneaker: If you can’t give up the height, Monika Chiang’s Artemys sneaker has developed a cult following for good reason: hidden wedge (along the lines of Isabel Marant). Hipster styling and comfort to spare. At Monika Chiang for $385.
5. J.Crew Tretorn Canvas T56 Sneakers: Tretorn from J.Crew is a staple for me. There’s no need to splurge on a pair of Lanvin sneakers. This adorable and high-functioning sneaker will sneak its way to regular rotation if you give it a chance. At J.Crew for $68.