Hot on the heels (or lack thereof) of McQueen’s supreme sculpted wedge from a few seasons ago, a new gang of tall, curvy ladies that are dramatic (if not questionable), to say the least, are marching in. Six-inch heels with a shape more seductive than Jessica Rabbit are meant for preening like a peacock, taking in the stares, and not much else. Do not attempt to walk more than a few feet at a time! I really wish I had twin boys; I’ll need two valets of similar height to help me get across the room with these on.
All available on Luisa via Roma.
1. Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Spike Sculptural Wedges ($3,025): While the shape is come-hither, the cornucopia of studs and spikes say, “Look, but don’t you dare touch!”
2. Carvela Kurt Geiger Glamorous Suede Patent Wedges ($268): This frugal fave packs on all the volume of its pricier counterparts, with a bouquet of straps that harks back to more traditional sandals.
3. Giorgio Armani Suede Calf Lace-Up Open-Toe Wedges ($691): Boy meets girl in this merging of worlds: the prim oxford, the sassy peep-toe, and the outrageous wedge.
4. Giuseppe Zanotti Printed Pony-Skin Sculpted Boots ($1,195): Leopard and height: these are two of my favorite things! A shoe this wild demands restraint when it comes to the rest of your look.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Open-Toe Sculptural Wedges ($775): Giuseppe proves he’s the reigning king of the mega-molded platform. In rich red, a scant ankle-strap has never been so seductive.