A new pair of Mary Janes for summer? The cheekily prim and semi-proper style might not be at the top of your seasonal musts, but a girl can only wear earthy espadrilles so many times a week! I will definitely be snagging a more structured variation of the strappy shoe, to juxtapose against floral sundresses and broderie anglaise miniskirts. Here, the latest, with just the right doses of naughty and nice.
1. Marc Jacobs Multi-Strap Mary Jane Pumps: I’ll be strap-happy in these pointy numbers, with a refined cut and a subtle hint of S&M-inspired bondage.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,095.
2. Manolo Blahnik Norvany Pump: Keep it light and classy with Manolo’s ultra-femme take, with a scandalously angular heel and arch-baring cut.
At Barneys New York for $685.
3. Chloé Ballet Mary Jane: A quintessential style from the label, Chloé never gets the strapped-up flat wrong, especially in two yummy shades of blushing nude.
At Barneys New York for $379 (from $625).
4. Stuart Weitzman Spectator Mary Jane: A frugal find that packs on the ladylike charm, and nails another trend: the contrasting cap-toe.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $365.
5. Marc Jacobs Metallic Mary Janes: Sport these shimmering two-tone mini-heels with socks, a la Marc’s rockabilly-inspired spring runway, for a totally playful look.
On MyTheresa for $593.