Gidget may be my original inspiration, but the latest surfer girl-inspired shoes are anything but retro. We’re not talking about actually barreling, carving, or even just catching a wave. These bodacious shoes are more for chilling on the beach or creating evening heat:
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Brooks Sandal: Strap on these super-sporty canvas flats with a pair of board shorts and play up your one-of-the-boys appeal.
At Barneys New York for $169 (from $425).
2. Casadei High-Heel Sandal: Don’t even think about attempting to trudge through the sand in these. With hot, acid-yellow neon, this is pure surfer inspiration.
On Farfetch for $826 (from $1,032).
3. K. Jacques St. Tropez Papyrus Patent-Leather and Calf-Hair Sandals: Few combinations say “sun-loving free-spirit” like a trifecta of neon and a little bit of zebra print. How can you not have a good time in these?
On Net-a-Porter for $315.
4. Rag & Bone Apollo Sandal: Sandy tan and turquoise surf merge into a relaxed, 4” heel, perfect for your post-beach transition into a festive night.
At Barneys New York for $239 (from $595).
5. Elena Iachi Suede Calf Bi-Color Sneakers: Every hard-paddling surfer needs a cozy, comfy sneaker to sink her feet into when the day is done and the night is informal. A little wedge helps show off well-toned stems.
On Luisa via Roma for $392.