Yes, these shoes are as sexy as they sound. Exotic skins set in sensual flesh-tones is ecstasy on the eyes – and stimulating to the touch, too. The beauty of such a combo (one you’ll never, ever tire of) is you can go perfectly classic or all-out unexpected, as proven by my eclectic top picks. Whichever direction you choose, these tempting fair-skinned exotics will take you far.
1. Alexandre Birman Leather and Python Sandals: Braided leather crisscross straps add another level of intrigue to these ever-wearable sandals that boast a vaguely tribal twist.
On Net-a-Porter for $695.
2. Giuseppe Zanotti Alien Sandal: Alien or exotic creature? Either way, stamped lizard is otherworldly in its sense of glamour. Which is a lot to say for a classic cut.
At Barneys New York for $650.
3. Miu Miu Cutout Wedge Sandal: Rely on Miu Miu to grant you the young, playful take on a trend. Lizard-skin is more whimsical than sexy when it’s planted on layers of rope and gold metal.
At Barneys New York for $990.
4. Burak Uyan Watersnake Ladder-Strap Sandal: Step up on this “ladder” and your feet will be seductively entwined in a series of geometric straps that are sharp and savvy.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,475.
5. Aperlai Leather and Snakeskin Slingback Platform Sandals: This is the hot mama of snakeskin pumps, and she comes with drama to spare. This exotic overlay sweeps around your foot like a wild animal.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $768.