Loud and proud is a must for summer shoes. Floral patterns used to be reserved for the gray-hairs, but remember: ultra-kitsch can also be ultra-chic. It’s all in how you handle them. Wear these sandals wisely, and don’t mix prints unless you know what you’re doing (stripes and florals always work well). And don’t force edginess when you’ve got an optimistic shoe. Feel free to keep it cute and pretty – a nice and easy solid, flouncy dress always needs a shoe that stands out.
1. Giuseppe Zanotti Floral-Print Platform Sandal: Giuseppe has taken an uncharacteristically gentle approach with this sophisticated, watercolor-esque print. The satin may have sweet, gentle ruching, but that heel could kill.
At Neiman Marcus for $750.
2. Sergio Rossi Floral-Print Canvas Wedge Sandal: This juicy tropical print is pure vacation. I appreciate how this offbeat floral zooms in on the blooms and shows off their intriguing natural details.
At Neiman Marcus for $730.
3. Jimmy Choo Polar Tropical-Print Espadrille Wedge: A classic slingback espadrille gets upgraded with a seventies-inspired print. Make sure these look modern with a pair of dark-rinse drainpipes and bold jewels.
On Net-a-Porter for $395.
4. Red Valentino Daisy-Print Platform Sandal: I highly recommend hopping on the daisy train! This perky print can easily shake up a simple frock, but try these retro sandals with a bright crop top and matching high-waisted skirt for a look that’s right now.
At Neiman Marcus for $450.
5. Oscar de la Renta Floral-Print Fabric Pump: Oscar could make the dowdiest of florals look glamorous, but these timeless pumps need little help. The crisp punchiness of this pattern means you can mix and match with verve.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $695.