Here’s the thing about the new flatforms: unlike the last spring’s straight styles, they are not perfectly flat. You still get the gist of totally flat chunkiness, but the new editions have some curve to the soles. Looks like designers realized that a completely flat heel makes us fall over! These five offer an intelligent balance of easy height and mixed materials:
1. Lanvin Printed Python Platform: Only Lanvin can pull off the rusticity of hard leather, along with quirky hardware, with the elegance of python. These flatforms will get worn to death. At Barneys New York for $855 .
2. Pour La Victoire Noelle Suede Flatform Sandals: This frugal pair packs a big wedge of color. Lush green suede pairs nicely against bold black straps. On Shopbop for $250.
3. Stuart Weitzman Lanyard Platform Sandal: With nearly 4” of woven sweetness, these textural T-straps are a little outdoorsy. Mix them up with loads of gleaming gold jewels. At Bergdorf Goodman for $385.
4. Rag & Bone Cutout Platform Sandal: Denim, whether it’s inky-dark or a bleached-out blue, will blend nicely with these slightly distressed peek-a-boo booties. At Barneys New York for $495.
5. Alice + Olivia Terry Suede Platform Sandal: Just barely making the flatform cut, these shapely sandals have chunk to spare. Luckily, it comes in the form of soft gold weave and evening-ready black suede. At Bergdorf Goodman for $345.