Call me old-fashioned, but I just don’t think it’s officially high spring until you’ve got a new pair of yellow shoes to call your own. The idea of spreading the sunshine might be cliché, but when you’re talking about a killer pair of shoes, there’s no way your mood isn’t going to improve! If you think yellow isn’t for you, look again. Ranging from deep and neutral to offbeat and casual, this color can be anything you want it to be (aside from depressing, of course).
1. Mulberry Patent-Leather Wedge Sandals: British brand Mulberry may be all too familiar with foggy skies, but they clearly know how to have fun in the sun. These platforms will boost your spirits – and your height by 5 inches. On Net-a-Porter for $865.
2. Prada Patent Leather And Wood Slingback Sandals: Want something a little more mellow than all-out yellow? Break up the bright with a stripy wooden platform and heel. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $890.
3. Chrissie Morris Farrah Platform Sandal: Yellow python always has a place in my heart and closet. When it’s mixed up with white snakeskin, you get a flirty sandal that’s as neutral and wearable as yellow shoes come. At Kirna Zabête for $1,013.
4. Rachel Zoe Bardot Platform Sandals: Lush goldenrod makes for a look that is toned down and not piercingly bright. Woven detailing cements the fact that this variation is more versatile than most. On ShopBop for $325.
5. Belle Sigerson Morrison Neon Yellow Randy Sandals: If you find yourself craving neon, remember it works best in the realm of flats. Nothing serious here – this patent-leather flat is perfectly light-spirited. On Ssense for $175.