This summer, there’s no excuse not to dive right in. Even if water sports aren’t your thing, I suggest you try dressing the part – rough-and-tumble energy is sure to follow. Whether you opt for a stiletto that merely takes inspiration from those who venture deep under the sea or you snatch up a sandal that’s begging to go to the beach, water won’t be far from your toes this summer, even if that’s about as much as you like to dip!
1. Christian Louboutin Snorkeling 100 Neoprene and Leather Ankle Boots: Louboutin’s juicy citrus take on scuba is particularly appealing for fashion daredevils. His amped-up neoprene looks super-saucy and surfer-cool.
On Net-a-Porter for $895.
2. Loeffler Randall Fawn Sandal: A raffia-lined flat is a chilled-out way to inject the theme. With leather straps, this sandal doesn’t take the trend overboard.
At Barneys New York for $295.
3. Givenchy Jelly Sandal: I’m wary to tread back to jelly territory, but Givenchy’s frugal find puts an ironic twist on the rubber sandal. Military green and zipper texture mean this jelly is for tough girls who like to get wet.
At Barneys New York for $190.
4. Camilla Skovgaard Indochine Leather and Patent Wedge Sandals: These make me want to splash around in the Caribbean ocean, stat. True turquoise takes you to the tropics, while padded straps bring comfy athleticism.
On Net-a-Porter for $600.
5. Alexander Wang Bianca Runway Fishskin Sandal: “Parrot fish leather” sounds as exotic as these sandals look. With airy cutouts and an even airier shade, these merge the breeze with the sea.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $995.