The theme of exotics has always played a major roll in my shoe collection, but it is particularly on-trend this season. With a mere touch of exotic embellishment, simplicity becomes exciting. The downside of luxe lizards and pythons is how precious they can feel (after you’ve spent the cash, how can you help it?). Not the case here. These are shoes you’ll enjoy kicking around and not worrying about. Frugal Friday picks are the way to go!
1. BCBG Max Azria Laurol Embossed Wedge Sandals: I’m not usually one to spring for BCBG shoes, but these are undeniably chic. See what I mean? In patent leather, it’s a cheap shoe that should be passed over. In printed lizard, it breathes an air of sophistication. On Shopbop for $275.
2. Elizabeth and James Sibil Wedge Platform Sandals: Contrasting mirrored metal trim on a python-embossed strap really makes the ridged consistency pop, and the bold buckle on the ankle-strap is so right now. On Shopbop for $295.
3. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Celsa Wedge Sandal: Technically, this is not an exotic, or even pretending to be, but hypnotizing texture is what we crave in our reptilian friends, and this one delivers that in spades. On Shopbop for $250.
4. KORS Michael Kors Princeton Open-Toe Sandal: A demure sandal with a heel of 3” would look dull in smooth or matte leather. With the naturalistic look of snake, this nude exudes intrigue. On Shopbop for $225.
5. House of Harlow 1960 Pat Platform Wedge Sandals: This interpretation of magnified python is sweet and sexy, and a cork sole makes the vibe casual and lighthearted. On Shopbop for $260.