Blame the Bob but every summer I search for a pair of nude shoes. It’s the most leg-lengthening and versatile shade for shoes. But beware of the type of material you choose. I’ve been burned one too many times by patent that I’ve sworn to never buy another shiny appealing nude shoe or bag again. They stain from moisture, denim, basically anything! And they cannot be cleaned, so stay away. Luckily, the latest crop of nudes comes in alternative materials that will hopefully last beyond the warmer months:
1) Guiseppe Zanotti Peep Toe Platform: This woven fabric trimmed in subtle snake print leather is very resort chic. They look so light and will extend the legs for miles. However, not so practical once the weather cools. At Barneys New York for $695.
2) Guiseppe Zanotti Cutout Wedge Sandal: I think J. Lo and I both agree that these are a must with our multi-colored minis this summer. At Barneys New York for $695.
3) Stella McCartney Faux Python Pump: This could be interesting and possibly worth testing out. I wonder if PVC is more durable than real patent leather. Love the shot of color and mixed materials on this shoe. It’s nude, but with a kick. At Barneys New York for $845.
4) Miu Miu Patent Stud Toe Sneaker: I’ve stayed away from these shoes for fear they will make me look short and chunky, but the nude shade is flattering for petite girls as well. At Barneys New York for $495.
5) Casadei Platform Pump: Now THIS is a SHOE! All the elements I love in a nude shoe, topped off with a dark cap toe to prevent scuff marks– Coco herself would be pleased. At Barneys New York for $840.