Any friend of mine can attest to the fact that I’m a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. My style is casual and comfortable, yes very modern and clean at the same time. With ties this fact together and gives it a great enhancement, is a quality shoe. For me, the most important piece of footwear is a high-top sneaker. No, you wouldn’t wear these to play basketball, but to a super chic dinner party! Here’s my top high-tops for the coolest (and baddest) dude around:
1. Marc Jacobs Sky Blue Sneakers: Spring is officially upon us in a few days, and of course, you’ll need that perfect pair of pastels for it. That’s why these are necessary. The sky blue paired with gold is pure vernal joy for your feet.
On Ssense for $305.
2. Alexander McQueen Skull Hi-Top Sneaker: Want to be the hippest dude on the block? These may work for you. The interesting zipper concept, combined with the laces are already a showstopper. Mixing this with the embossed skull detail, and you have a deadly cool shoe.
On Neiman Marcus for $740.
3. Dior Homme Leather High-Tops with Rubber Soles: Dior Homme continues to be one of my favorite menswear lines, and it’s because of footwear such as these sleek shoes. The teak leather paired with the grey ankles lends it a feeling of luxury and masculinity. They’re drop-dead gorgeous, and quite the classic.
On Browns Fashion for $840.
4. Lanvin High-Top Sneaker: Lanvin’s shoes are incredible. When you own a pair, you’ll understand what I mean, and why people are loyal to the quality and luxury they provide (they’ll last forever). The red suede accents are what make these shoes covetable and extremely awesome.
On Barneys New York for $1,150.
5. Jimmy Choo Hi-Top Sneaker: A great summer shoe, and very metropolitan! The colorblocking between the various colors provides for a clean, yet detail-focused trainer. The crocodile-embossed velcro straps are a prime example! You can’t go wrong here.
On Neiman Marcus for $750.