I have been watching the many fairy-tale dramas that are on these days. Now I’ve got happily-ever-after endings on the mind, so here is one fantasy that can be realized: mirrored shoes that will always tell you you are the fairest of them all (please, just let me believe!).
One thing that’s not in my imagination? These shoes are hot for summer! An overload of shine makes a shoe too theatrical for daily wear, but adding a measured touch in an unexpected way delivers reflection that will catch the right kind of gaze. Even better, there’s no villain in this story: a mirror’s job is to reflect what’s in front of it. Like a chameleon, shoes don’t get more adaptable than this when it comes to coordinating.
1) Bottega Veneta Karung and Metallic Leather Sandals: Just a flash of shine as you walk away and a sliver around the ankle, done with trademark Bottega refinement, make these karung sandals truly refined. On Net-a-Porter for $820.
2) Givenchy Metallic Leather and Suede Sandals: Gold and silver possess earthy ease thanks to woven straps and an emphasis on the bareness of your foot. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $880.
3) Yves Saint Laurent Tie-Up Satin and Suede Platform Pumps: Printed suede, satin, a bulky platform, and a gold toe-cap sounds like a recipe for chaos, but these make for a harmonious blend. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,295.
4) Ancient Greek Sandals Ikaria Metallic Leather Wing Sandals: Take your glimmer with a sense of humor and make like a Athena in these cool flats that are ready to take flight. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $245.
5) KORS Michael Kors Atherton Two-Tone Sandals: With a hint of athleticism and a dose of nude leather, metallic just got a whole lot more approachable. On Shopbop for $275.