Mardi Gras is about decadence and what can be more decadent that these shoes? Fat Tuesday (as in good, old-fashioned gluttony) is for doing it up and letting your freak – or snob! – flag fly. So let people stare. You just can’t live your life based on what other people think, especially when it comes to fashion. Take a cue from the hedonistic holiday and go with your heart, celebrating freedom of expression. We’re not birds – girls are the ones who really show off. Shake your tail feather and live it up!
1) Prada Jewel-Toe Flame Sandal: If this flame-tastic peep-toe doesn’t rev you up, I don’t know what will. Miuccia got all speed-racer on us for spring, and these ultra-embellished roadsters are bound to put some fuel in your engine. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,450.
2) Brian Atwood Raffia-Heel Colorblock d’Orsay Sandal: Party on your heels! Take it to the streets and attract the heat with a confetti-esque explosion of colorful, fringed raffia. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,452.
3) Fendi Striped Satin Sandal: Forget thinking of stripes as classic and nautical. These layers of lines are more suited for the carnival crusader. Straps become stripes, and your feet are fodder for cocktail conversation! At Bergdorf Goodman for $695.
4) Jimmy Choo Marlene Feather and Suede Sandals: Who needs a Mardi Gras mask when you have a festive disguise for your feet? Let them have some fun playing the part of the proud peacock. On Net-a-Porter for $1,995.
5) Burberry Prorsum Beaded Leather Sandals: Girl, you don’t have to show your goods to get those beads! Burberry’s got you covered with their latest sandals: crafty layers of beaded fun. On Net-a-Porter for $795.