Attention, earth goddesses! Opposites always attract, and this spring they are coming together via the shaken-up platform. Natural elements, like wood, cork, and rope, contrasted against glamorous embellishments mean you don’t have to compromise when it comes to your new sandals. Here, the best of the organic-meets-oragasmic shoes:
1) Dolce & Gabbana Raffia and Chiffon Flower Sandals: With a blend of wood, raffia, straw, and tulle, these rustically opulent platforms speak of exotic adventures. Think dancing the night away on the cobblestone streets of a tiny Sicilian beach town. On Luisa Via Roma for $755.
2) Giuseppe Zanotti Metallic Leather Peep-Toe Wedges: Giuseppe knows how to bring the Miami heat to the relaxed countryside – with a teeter-tottering woven wedge platform and metallic aqua leather as shimmering as the afternoon sea. On Luisa Via Roma for $695.
3) Alexander McQueen Studded Leather Buckle Sandals: How to get a biker babe in a pair of espadrilles? Look no further than McQueen. These studded wedges have all the hardcore appeal of a motorcycle boot and none of the bulk. On Luisa Via Roma for $595.
4) Charlotte Olympia Carmen Leopard-Print Espadrille: And now the espadrille goes va-va-voom! Leopard brings in the glam factor, while the sculpted island platform welcomes easy canvas. A skinny ankle-strap cements the point that this is a sexy shoe. At Bergdorf Goodman for $795.
5) Valentino Rockstud Cage Cork Wedge Sandal: A genius way to underplay the intensity of the look-at-me cage style: by putting it on no-fuss cork. Valentino mixes it all up with this smart take on studs that’s equal parts rock ‘n’ roller, diva, and natural woman. At Bergdorf Goodman for $975.