Brooklyn Decker was absolutely glowing at the 2011 Video Game Awards this weekend. Sure, her skin was impeccable, her lips flushed with a swipe of fuchsia, and her Nha Khanh skater dress, out of the Black Velvet collection, looked absolutely lovely. But what really made her shine in the spotlight? It came in the form of a pop of yellow, via her patent-leather Jimmy Choo pumps. A daring choice that succeeds with class and energy, opting for a yellow shoe can elevate your look into noteworthy territory. Here, my current favorite sunshiny shoes:
1) Jimmy Choo Biel Patent-Leather Wedges: Sleek and unfussy, the silhouette of these wedges is kept minimalist, because Choo knows wear the emphasis is meant to be: on that juicy color.
On Net-a-Porter for $595.
2) Jil Sander Leather Ballet Flats: Daily ballet flats can get so dull. But not when they come in shocking acid-yellow. Simply, classic, and edgy, this is a win-win for casual color-blocking or everyday neutrals.
On Net-a-Porter for $425.
3) Manolo Blahnik Patent Point-Toe Pump: As proven by Brooklyn, the pointy pump is this season’s comeback kid. In this hue, the traditional style is modern, perfect for the next generation of power-shoe players.
At Neiman Marcus for $595.
4) Giuseppe Zanotti Slingback Peep-Toe Platform: Buttery suede, paired with a cork platform and a stacked wood heel, softens up the bold shade of rich marigold. Sexy and cute, without trying too hard to be either.
At Barneys New York for $695.
5) Charlotte Olympia Satin-Felt Striped Pump: Love satin and suede? Now you don’t have to compromise. You get softness and shine with Charlotte’s stripy take on the pump. My favorite part is the all-satin heel, for a shot of old-time glamour.
At Neiman Marcus for $489 (from $730).
Image courtesy of Red Carpet Fashion Awards.