There is nothing better than getting your hands on a pair of shoes you want, not just because the price has been reduced, but because you just really want them. Buying something simply because it’s on sale is still a waste of money, but buying shoes from the Barneys sale is likely to fill a void in your wardrobe. With my top choices, you’ll get the sexy and the basics and shoes that are a whole lot of both.
1) Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra Covered Wedge Sandal: A fabulous collaboration not for the faint of heart – or heel. At full price, these karung-snakeskin sandals are worth coveting. At less than half, you can gladly work them into your wardrobe. Shake these up with a pair of drainpipes and buckle the ankle-straps on the outside. For $459 (from $1,140).
2) Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Bootie: Done deal. Could there be a more perfect all-around shoe? A patent-leather panel on the heel and squared-off sole at the toe adds those definitive details you’re dying for. The possibilities are endless. For $649 (from $1,085).
3) Giambattista Valli Double Platform Pump: With inviting curves and round chunk, this exaggerated shape could not be cuter – in that super-sexy kind of way. And with a perforated pattern resulting in an eyelet effect, these suede peep-toes can be eased into springtime. For $559 (from $935).
4) Pierre Hardy Circle Sandal: Yes, I have always loved this quirky design, more like a wild celebration of glitter, mesh, and geometry than an actual shoe. Still, at two-and-a-half grand, no way! At half-off? A definite maybe… For $1,439 (from $2,395).
5) Walter Steiger Tube Wedge Knee Boot: Beyond practical and beyond tall. Between the 5” wedge and a sleek, tube-like shaft (pretty flattering for an everyday knee-high boot), you’ll get height – and warmth – all around. For $929 (from $1,550).